Wednesday, February 9, 2011

separation of chuch and state

Hey everyone,
I've decided to do a multi part series on the separation of church and state. In this series I will cover the history of the separation clause(divided into two clauses known as the establishment cause and free excersise clause) in the first amendment. The importance of this clause. And past and present attacks on this particular clause. What the ramifications have been when church and state mix. And what we can do to insure we never turn into a theocracy here in America. Now this is a huge undertaking and I hope I am up to the challenge. Will be doing reasearch today and will hopefully have my first post for you guys tonight. I leave you with a quote from minister Isaac Backus made in 1773 quote ...."when church and state are seperate, the effects are happy, and they do not at all interfere with each other: but where they have been confounded together, no tongue nor pen can fully describe the michiefs that have ensued." I think that's putting it mildly. Anyway come here often as I will be posting this series in many parts. And as always please share your thoughts, opinions, rants etc in the comments section. Thanks

myeviltwinskippy

No comments:

Post a Comment